指示代词This与That的前指与后指

代词 时间:2019-03-08 最火文案网 手机网站

  关于指示代词this与that的前指与后指,请注意以下两点:

  1. 如果是前指(即回指前文提到的事情),可用that或this。如:

  She married Jim, and this [that] surprised me. 她嫁给了吉姆,这使我感到很吃惊。

  John had a bad cold. That [This] was why he didn't turn up. 约翰患了重感冒,这(那)就是他没有来的原因。

  The kids would answer back and that [this] drove her crazy. 孩子们会顶嘴,把她逼疯。

  We laughed and that [this] helped ease the tension. 我们笑了,因而使紧张的情绪缓和下来。

  They offered me free accommodation for a year, and that [this] decided me. 他们愿意免费为我提供一年的住宿,这就使我下定了决心。

  It was always said of the Princess that she had the common touch and that [this] was why she was so well loved by the people. 人人都说王妃平易近人,也正是因为这一点她才会如此深受民众的爱戴。

  注:回指上文的 that 在译成汉语时,通常也译为“这”。如:

  That's where you are wrong. 这就是你不对的地方。

  2. 如果是后指(即指后文叙述的事情),则通常只用 this。如:

  I want to know this: is he healthy? 我想知道这一点:他是否很健康。

  Answer me this: how did they know we were here? 回答我这个问题:他们怎么知道我们在这儿?

  The challenge for American leadership is this: Can we put our economic house in order? 美国领导层面临的挑战是:我们能否处理好自己的经济问题?